Wrestling Tournament (formerly the Hokie Open)
THE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT WILL ONCE AGAIN BE WEBCAST ON FLOWRESTLING. A LINK TO THE STREAM WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE!
HOKIE OPEN TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
- REGISTRATION - TBD: We are waiting to see how COVID-19 restrictions dictate the start of the 2020 - 2021 season. REGISTRATION CLOSES at 11:59 PM on the Friday before the tournament
- 8:00 PM, Saturday, the night of check-in: Last chance to modify entries
DAY BEFORE TOURNAMENT (SATURDAY): BERGLUND CENTER:
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Packet Pickup - MANDATORY Team / Wrestler Check-In: ALL teams or individuals MUST check-in AND pick up Team Packets / Individual Packets (individual wrestlers); packets contain event passes for wrestles, coaches, team trainers, team managers
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Open mats available for workouts
- 8:00 PM: DEADLINE for any final changes to weight classes.DON'T WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY MORNING WHEN YOU REALIZE YOU'RE GOING TO BE OVERWEIGHT TO LET US KNOW - YOU MUST CONFIRM THE WEIGHT CLASS OF ALL WRESTLERS & CHANGE THEM IF NECESSARY BY 8:00 PM THE NIGHT BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT!!!
DAY OF TOURNAMENT, SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2020 - BERGLUND CENTER:
ATTENTION: UPDATED TIMES FOR SKIN-CHECKS, WEIGH-INS, DOORS OPEN TO PUBLIC and START OF WRESTLING!!!
- 6:01 AM - Doors open for wrestlers and team personnel ONLY; mats will be available for warm-up; wrestlers and team personnel should enter via Berglund Hall. As you approach the facility, Berglund Hall is in the center. Enter at the blue awning, go down the stairs to enter
- 6:45 AM - Skin Checks - UPDATED TIME: ALL WRESTLERS, both divisions; one weight class per mat on 10 mats, to be followed immediately by weigh-ins
- 7:00 AM - Weigh-Ins - UPDATED TIME: ALL WRESTLERS, both division; one weight class per mat on 10 mats, NO WEIGHT ALLOWANCE IS ANTICIPATED IN 2019
- 8:00 AM - DOORS OPEN TO PUBLIC - UPDATED TIME
- ADMISSION: $15.00 adults, $5.00 HS, pre-HS FREE
- 9:01 AM - Wrestling Begins